OCI Registration Extended
- Última actualización el Viernes, 06 Enero 2017 14:26
OCI registration by PIO cardholders extended till June 30, 2017.
How to apply for OCI if you have a PIO card
The following points may be noted carefully for registration. Read Instructions carefully before starting the registration process.
- Go to www.ociindia.nic.in and click on New OCI-Registration.
- After this a new window will open at http://passport.gov.in/oci/, and choose the option Click Here to Proceed button.
- On the window http://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome please choose the option OCI Registration (In Lieu of Valid PIO-Card).
- Fill in all details required without leaving any column blank. Place of submission for OCI-Applications (In Lieu of PIO-Card) should be the same as the Place of Issuance of PIO-Card. Provide Valid PIO-Card details at the place specified. PIO-Card should be valid as on 9th Jan 2015.
- Complete Part-B of the registration process.
- Documents to be enclosed along with application are given at the end of Part-B.
- Completed application is to be submitted to the Embassy of India, Bogota.
- No registration-fee will be charged for such applications. However, Fax charge or DHL charges, as applicable, will be levied on the applicant.
OCI card is a smart card and it facilitates quicker immigration clearance and various consular services from Indian Missions abroad. OCI card holders are entitled the following benefits:
- A multiple entry, multi-purpose lifelong U Visa for visiting India.
- No separate Student/Employment/Business visa will be required for admission in colleges/institutions or for taking up Employment, Business etc. in India.
- Special counters for speedy immigration clearance at designated immigration check posts.
- Exemption from registration with local police authorities for any length of stay in India.
- Parity with Non-resident Indians (NRIs) in economic, financial and educational fields except for acquisition of agricultural land or plantation.
- OCI card can be used as proof of identity for applying PAN Card, Driving Licence and for opening regular bank account in India, if the OCI card holder resides in India.